you will need
- non-reactive pan
- sterilised bottle with tight-fitting lid
ingredients + method
50 ml apple cider vinegar
100 ml water, boiled and cooled OR distilled
3 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops lavender essential oil
- heat cider + water to just below boiling
- leave to cool
- pour into a sterilised bottle
- add vodka, if using
- add essential oils
- shake to mix
- seal bottle
- sterilise all equipment
- always do an allergy test for each oil
- do not use more than 6 drops essential oils for 150 ml liquid
- other beneficial oils are rosemary, sage, marjoram, and oregano
- 10 ml vodka can help preserve mix
- make in small quantities only
Tip number 1:
If you enjoy making and creating – hold on to items that look interesting / can definitely be re-purposed. The glass bottle I used had been given to me as part of a ‘food goodies hamper’ and had contained a special olive oil. I rarely throw away such containers, believing that they’ll come in handy some time in the future.
Tip number 2:
Quite a few craft shops stock very inexpensive items that would make great labels. I found these wooden flowers in the ‘scrapbook’ aisle, at a cost of about 10 for £1.
I have been using this deodorant splash for around two weeks and have found it very effective. I apply it with a small cleansing pad although any piece of cloth would work. I shall be using cloth as soon as I’ve used up my cleansing pads.
If you have enjoyed this post please like, share, and comment.
If you have a natural product recipe to share, or have tried this one, please tell me about it in the Comments box below.
For more details please use the contact email address.
Thank you for looking.